Prince Harry said he could never ‘see a world’ where he moved back to the UK a year before bombshell news

See more of our coverage in your search results.

WorldNews Info Wire4 min read
Prince Harry said he could never ‘see a world’ where he moved back to the UK a year before bombshell news

See more of our coverage in your search results.

Article outline

  1. What happened
  2. The details
  3. What comes next
  4. The key numbers
  5. The bottom line

Key points

  • Harry, 41, and Markle, 45, created the bombshell decision to step away from the royal family and move to California in January 2020.
  • This person died in September 2022 at the age of 96.
  • The purchased a $14.6 million home in Montecito in August of that year, where they have been raising their kids.
  • Page Six confirmed Wednesday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are moving back to the UK for "an extended period." Want more celebrity and pop culture news?
  • Prince Harry had completely different thoughts regarding moving back to the UK last year.

Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, have created the shocking decision to move back to the UK at the end of the month along with their kids – Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5 – but back in May 2025, he stated he couldn't ever see that happening.

"I can't see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the UK at this point, " Harry informed the BBC in a sit-down interview, citing his security worries. "And the things that they're gonna miss is, well, everything."

"I love my country, I always have, " he continued. "Despite what some people in that country have done." He stressed that "of course" he misses the UK.

"And I think that it's really quite sad that I won't be able to show, you know, my children my homeland, " he shared.

According to Harry, he wanted nothing more than "reconciliation" with this family, though he acknowledged that some members of his family would never forgive him for releasing his memoir, "Spare, " in 2023.

"There's no point in continuing to fight anymore, " he explained. "Life is precious."

Page Six confirmed Wednesday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are moving back to the UK for "an extended period." Want more celebrity and pop culture news? Start your day with Page Six Daily.

We're additionally informed that their children will be enrolled at a school there.

"The palace was made aware of the move, " a source confirmed to us.

King Charles III was informed on Sunday that Harry and Markle would be returning to Britain, and he looks forward to spending more time with them in a personal capacity, a source additionally shared.

According to the source, the king is additionally clear that the couple's role and status as private individuals and non-working members of the royal family will not change.

In practice, an insider informed us that the couple wanting to spend more time with Charles – who was diagnosed with cancer in February 2024 – is the reason for the move.

"After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution, " they remarked in an official note at the time.

"We intend to step back as 'senior' members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen, " they continued, referencing the late Queen Elizabeth II. This person died in September 2022 at the age of 96.

Notably, the purchased a $14.6 million home in Montecito in August of that year, where they have been raising their kids.

Taken together, the developments around prince Harry said he could never 'see a world' where he moved point to a situation that is still moving, and the coming days should bring more clarity.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *