Jinnah Garden Housing Scheme has been accused of violating its approved layout plan, converting residential plots for commercial use and using amenity land for residential plots, according to a show cause notice issued to its former management committee.
The district administration’s Cooperative Societies Department issued the notice on June 9 after an inquiry into the affairs of Jinnah Garden. The inquiry officer submitted a report dated April 7, 2026. It highlighted serious irregularities, violations of law and misconduct by the former management committee.
According to the notice, the former committee created and allotted commercial plots in violation of PPRA rules and the Islamabad Land Disposal Regulations, 2005. It also faced allegations of forgery, issuing backdated letters and manipulating official records.
The notice further alleged that the committee transferred society land, including amenity land, to Naval Anchorage Housing Society under a May 20, 2024, settlement agreement in a manner prima facie contrary to law and approved planning parameters.
The inquiry also cited allotments and transfers produced in violation of the approved seniority list and restraining orders issued by competent courts. It alleged financial irregularities, including failure to recover dues, non deposit of funds in the official account and losses to the society and public exchequer.
What happened
The former committee also faced allegations of allowing encroachments over a nullah’s right of way, permitting illegal construction, and facilitating plot renumbering, relocation and conversion of non possessionable plots.
The notice said the alleged acts violated the Cooperative Societies Rules 2018, Islamabad Land Disposal Regulations 2005, Islamabad Zoning Regulations 1992 and ICT Building Control Regulations 2020. The Auditor General’s Office had also identified irregularities last year, reporting that 200 kanals reserved for amenities had been employed to create and sell plots.
The former management committee denied the allegations during the inquiry and said it had committed no illegality. The inquiry officer, Assistant Commissioner Saddar, rejected the committee’s defense in a separate 25 page detailed report and stated that the allegations had been proved.
The department gave the former committee seven days to respond and offered a personal hearing on June 17.
Stay Connected with ProPakistani
Get the latest news and stories wherever you prefer.




