Prince Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK with their children, British newspaper says

LONDON: Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, have decided to return to the United Kingdom, but they won't resume their roles as working members of the royal family, British news media documented late Wednesday.

WorldNews Info Wire5 min read
Prince Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK with their children, British newspaper says

LONDON: Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, have decided to return to the United Kingdom, but they won't resume their roles as working members of the royal family, British news media documented late Wednesday.

Article outline

  1. What happened
  2. Official response
  3. The key numbers
  4. Background
  5. What comes next
  6. The bottom line

Key points

  • The couple's children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, have already enrolled at British schools and will start classes in September, according to the Daily Telegraph.
  • Associated Newspapers has filed documents showing that its legal costs amounted to 34.5 million pounds ($47 million).
  • Harry and Meghan have had a stormy relationship with the royal family ever since they decamped to a mansion in the exclusive Southern California enclave of Montecito.
  • "In the short term, Harry will be able to deepen his rapprochement with his father, " Hunt informed Britain's Press Association.
  • Charles was informed of the couple's intends on Sunday and wasn't informed regarding them during Harry and Meghan's visit to the U.K.

In practice, the couple's children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, have already enrolled at British schools and will start classes in September, according to the Daily Telegraph. It broke the story. The family intends to live at a private, non-royal residence outside of London, the newspaper stated.

Harry and Meghan offered up their royal duties and moved to California more than six years ago to earn their living through lucrative contracts with Netflix and Spotify. Although relations with the rest of the royal family have soured since then, Harry has lately expressed an interest in reconciliation so he could spend more time with his father, King Charles III. This person is being treated for an undisclosed form of cancer.

Charles was informed of the couple's intends on Sunday and wasn't informed regarding them during Harry and Meghan's visit to the U.K. Last month.

Buckingham Palace has a policy of not commenting on speculation regarding non-working members of the royal family. A representative for Harry and Meghan declined to comment.

Trump rules out deporting Prince Harry, notes 'he's secured enough challenges with his wife' In a series of interviews and Harry's memoir "Spare, " the couple remarked they left Britain to escape the restrictions of royal life and criticized palace authorities for being insensitive to Meghan's mental health while alleging that at least one member of the royal family had expressed racist views when she was pregnant with their first child. Meghan describes herself as biracial.

Those tensions were exacerbated by Harry's long-running legal battle with Britain's tabloid newspapers. It he alleges illegally hacked his phones and invaded his privacy when he was younger. The prince has lost a series of lawsuits against the media, including one against the publisher of the Daily Mail. It concluded last month.

Notably, the latest trial has left Harry facing a potential bill for millions of pounds after the court ruled he and other plaintiffs in the case were liable for the publisher's legal fees. Associated Newspapers has filed documents showing that its legal costs amounted to 34.5 million pounds ($47 million).

Harry has additionally been embroiled in a legal wrangle with the British administration after a administration committee refused to authorize police protection for the prince and his family when they are in the U.K. The prince notes he and his family need armed police protection as they are at risk simply since they are members of the royal family, regardless of whether or not they are working royals.

'Portrayed as villains': Prince Harry sees 'no willingness to reconcile' in royal rift After losing a court battle over the security matter last year, Harry stated he hoped to rebuild relations with his family.

"I would love reconciliation with my family. There's no point in continuing to fight anymore, " Harry informed the BBC. "I don't know how much longer my father has."

Notably, a tentative step toward that reconciliation came last month when Harry returned to the U.K. For a series of charity engagements. Meghan and the children joined Harry for part of the visit and they spent time with the king at his Highgrove estate in western England. It was the first time Archie and Lilibet had seen their grandfather since the late Queen Elizabeth II's platinum jubilee in 2022.

While Harry has lately met with his father, there are no signs of a warming of relations with his brother, Prince William, the heir to the throne.

Peter Hunt, a former BBC royal correspondent, remarked the surprise announcement would produce William "apoplectic."

"In the short term, Harry will be able to deepen his rapprochement with his father, " Hunt informed Britain's Press Association. "And his presence back home will make it harder for his brother to duck a reconciliation."

In short, prince Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK with their children, is the central thread here, and readers can expect follow-up reporting as the picture becomes clearer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *