Prince Harry, Meghan returning to U.K. with their children, says British newspaper
Prince Harry, Meghan returning to U.K. With their children, notes British newspaper The decision comes more than six years after the couple provided up their royal duties and moved to California to pursue lucrative media contracts.
Prince Harry, Meghan returning to U.K. With their children, notes British newspaper The decision comes more than six years after the couple provided up their royal duties and moved to California to pursue lucrative media contracts.
Article outline
- What happened
- What comes next
- The bottom line
Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, have decided to return to the United Kingdom, but they won't resume their roles as working members of the royal family, Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper documented.
King Charles III was alerted to the decision on Sunday (August 16, 2026) and wasn't informed concerning it during the couple's visit to the UK last month.
Notably, the Telegraph – which broke the story – reports that Harry and Meghan's children, Prince Archie (7), and Princess Lilibet (5), have already enrolled at British schools and will start classes in September.
For context, the decision comes more than six years after the couple offered up their royal duties and moved to California to pursue lucrative media contracts. Returning to Britain will allow the king. This person is being treated for an undisclosed form of cancer, to see more of his grandchildren.
Taken together, the developments around prince Harry, Meghan returning to U.K. With their children, says British newspaper point to a situation that is still moving, and the coming days should bring more clarity.

