UAE suspends all trade, financial transactions with Iran after missile attack

UAE suspends all trade, financial transactions with Iran after missile attack Iran says any assessment must account for "malicious" US, Israel actions against regional peace By Reuters | Web Desk | Published August 19, 2026 UAE flag flies over a boat at Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. — Reuters/File UAE halts trade activities with Iran…

WorldNews Info Wire3 min read
UAE suspends all trade, financial transactions with Iran after missile attack

Key points

  • Iran's foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei rejected early on Wednesday the statement by the UAE, describing it as "baseless.".
  • The UAE had accused Iran recently of attacking its state-owned ADNOC vessels while transiting the Strait of Hormuz.
  • Baghaei called on "all regional parties" to refrain from making "unsubstantiated accusations" against Iran, according to Al Jazeera.
  • In an official note later, the ministry stated the missiles targeted "maritime traffic" based on its assessments.
UAE suspends all trade, financial transactions with Iran after missile attack

Iran says any assessment must account for “malicious” US, Israel actions against regional peace

By

Reuters
Web Desk

Published August 19, 2026

UAE flag flies over a boat at Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. — Reuters/File
  • UAE halts trade activities with Iran until further notice.
  • Missiles targeted “maritime traffic”: defence ministry.
  • Iran urges “regional parties” to avoid claims against Iran.

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has suspended all trade activities, exchanges and financial transactions with Iran until further notice, the foreign ministry said in an official note on Wednesday, citing regional escalation that it stated undermined regional and international peace and security.

The announcement came after the UAE’s defence ministry said on Tuesday that it had detected two ballistic missiles rolled out from Iran, the first such incident reported since a May 4 strike on the Fujairah port.

In an official note later, the ministry stated the missiles targeted “maritime traffic” based on its assessments. Both missiles fell into the sea, it said.

What happened

Iran’s foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei rejected early on Wednesday the statement by the UAE, describing it as “baseless.”

Baghaei called on “all regional parties” to refrain from making “unsubstantiated accusations” against Iran, according to Al Jazeera.

According to The spokesperson, any assessment of the situation must account for what he called the continued “malicious actions” of the US and Israel against regional peace and security, pointing to what he described as a history of false-flag operations in the region.

The missile launch comes as a 60-day window for US-Iranian peace talks expired on Monday without a breakthrough, raising fears of a new escalation in the conflict that has disrupted shipping through the Strait of Hormuz since February.

The details

“The defence ministry affirms its full readiness to deal with any threats and firmly confront anything that aims to destabilise the state’s security,” it said in an official note.

The UAE’s interior ministry sent a phone alert earlier on Tuesday to residents stating that the situation was safe and people should resume normal activities after an earlier alert warning of a missile threat.

Iran has not claimed responsibility for the attacks on ADNOC vessels. Iran’s Revolutionary Guards have previously threatened action against vessels transiting the strait if they are linked to Tehran’s adversaries or fail to comply with Iranian directives.

Make us preferred on Google
<!–

Advertisement
Iran faces surrender demand as US says needed agreement remains out of reach
Iran threatens attack on US blockade as Washington rules out extending ceasefire
Americans turn against Trump as Iran war drags on, approval hits presidency low
Search for Indonesia earthquake victims underway on Independence Day
Khalistan referendum draws large turnout in Indianapolis despite rain
South Korea’s refusal to fight against Iran prompts Trump to drastically cut war games
Cairo talks put Trump’s Gaza peace plan to test as Israel resumes airstrikes
Brazil’s Lula launches reelection bid, aims to win back workers to his Workers Party

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *